Who else loves free samples from Sephora? I recently took advantage of it being my birthday month to order a product I had been wanting, and to get my free birthday gift from them. After trying out a couple of the things I received, I decided it was time for a new Five Favorites post – Beauty Edition.
1. It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-in Product: I loveee this stuff. I spritz it on damp, towel-dried hair and leave it for a few minutes before brushing it through. It gets rid of most of my tangles, smells great, and helps my hair stay smooth whether I just air dry or straighten too. This is pretty expensive, but I can always find it at Nordstrom Rack for slightly less and one bottle lasts quite a while.
2. Pssst Dry Shampoo: I’m still looking for a dry shampoo that doesn’t leave any kind of white residue at all, but this one isn’t bad. It smells really good and works well, especially if you leave it to sit for a few minutes before massaging it in. And of course, as long as you work it in well, you shouldn’t look like you sprouted any grey hairs overnight.
3. Colette by Tocca Perfume: I’ve been wearing this for a little over a year now after I found it at Anthropologie. According to their website, Colette is “a lush mix of bergamot, citrus, juniper and pink peppercorn mingle with florals, musks and woods”. I like it because it’s light and fresh, and it’s a little more unique than some of the perfumes I’ve worn in the past. I do wish it was more long-lasting, though.
4. Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme: I’ve wished for a while that my upper lip was as plump as my bottom one, but I don’t have the money or the guts to try actual lip injections, so this is a nice alternative. I heard about it from Danielle of We Wore What. It definitely feels like something is working when you put it on (it sort of tingles for between five and ten minutes), and I do feel like it gives my lips more of an even pout, and a nice pink color. I have to wonder if some of it is just a placebo effect, but either way, I like the way it looks!
5. Tarte Lip Paint – Birthday Suit: I got this mini as part of my birthday gift from Sephora and it’s probably my favorite nude lipstick I’ve found so far. It glides on easily and quickly dries with a nice matte finish. I’ll definitely go back for this once my sample is gone.