1. Urban Decay nail polish in “Shame”. I love this dark, oxblood color. It’s a little bit more red than one of my other faves, Essie’s “Wicked”, and it feels perfect for the fall and winter.
2. Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Top Coat. I’ve only used it once with a Sally Hansen Gel Polish and I didn’t honestly notice a huge difference in the length of time that my nail polish didn’t chip, but I’ve found that a couple coats of this on top of any regular polish give your nails a little bit more of that thicker, gel-look and a really nice high shine, so it’s been worth it to me, anyway. It also seems to dry more quickly than other top coats I’ve used.
3. Blush Pink Sneaks. I’m a big fan of the blush pink trend happening right now. I wanted to find a pink coat this winter, but ended up ordering these sneakers from ASOS instead. I’ve become a bit shoe obsessed ever since I started working full-time and actually having a solid income, and this pair added some much needed color (but not too much!) to my largely nude colored shoe collection.
4. My Rings. I’ve never been a huge ring wearer, but I started to fall in love with Pandora’s cute stackable rings, so I bought myself a couple and was gifted a few more for Christmas. My fingers are starting to feel empty when I don’t wear them now.
5. Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler. Is anyone else sometimes tempted to buy a book just from the cover? I actually had heard rave reviews about this book and borrowed it from the library to read, but ended up loving it so much I decided I had to have a copy for myself. Danler’s writing style is so lush and poetic that the story line, a 22 year old girl trying to make it in NY as a back waiter, which could have seemed old and overdone, is anything but. I can’t wait to see what she writes next.